Cyber Bullying
1. Cyber Bullying is bullying online by humiliating people via e-mail, websites, teen forums, etc.
2. MySpace has released a guide for school administrators which advises them to contact the website about issues with cyberbullying. It also created a hotline and email address for these administrators only to contact Myspace if they have any questions or issues.
3. No.
4. I agree with the way Oregon is dealing with the issue. The state association of school boards in Oregon worked with the state Justice Department to come up with a policy on cyberbullying. They also stated that "any form of harassment using electronic devices...is prohibited and will not be tolerated in the district." I think this is effective because it gives the school some power off campus.
2. MySpace has released a guide for school administrators which advises them to contact the website about issues with cyberbullying. It also created a hotline and email address for these administrators only to contact Myspace if they have any questions or issues.
3. No.
4. I agree with the way Oregon is dealing with the issue. The state association of school boards in Oregon worked with the state Justice Department to come up with a policy on cyberbullying. They also stated that "any form of harassment using electronic devices...is prohibited and will not be tolerated in the district." I think this is effective because it gives the school some power off campus.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home